MID Communications recognise that all businesses impact on the environment in a variety of different ways. As such we are committed to the continual improvement of our environmental performance in relation to our services/products and operations.
We have identified the following key environmental impacts associated with the retail and distribution of mobile phones and services.
- Waste Disposal
- Consumption of Energy, Water and other resources
- Packaging Materials
- Transport of goods
- Transportation of teams to work and visiting clients
The company is committed to reducing these and other impacts and to the continual improvement of our environmental performance. To help achieve this, MID Communications are working towards Investors in the Environment Silver accreditation.
We are committed to working with our staff, customers, suppliers, investors, contractors, regulatory bodies and neighbours to achieve the following objectives;
- Meet and where possible exceed all environmental regulations relevant to our organisation and its activities.
- Aim to move towards a part-electric fleet of company vehicles
- Challenge & support our partners and local communities to improve their own credentials
- Deliver projects locally which will benefit the environment
- Set targets for measurable annual improvements aiming for at least a2% annual reduction in Electricity
- Make our progress available for independent assessment.
- Involve our teams in setting and delivering our environmental objectives
- Share our experiences and best practices with o2, our partners and the wider business community
It is the responsibility of all employees, visitors and contractors to fully support this policy through active participation and co-operation.
This environmental policy will be displayed at all times and is openly available to all members of the public via our website – www.midcommunications.com.
The introduction and implementation of this policy is a commitment of MID Communications senior management and a shared responsibility with our employees. John Harvey, Operations Manager has designated responsibility for day-to-day implementation of this policy.
The policy will be reviewed annually as part of the organisations overall environmental management plan.
Green Champion appointed for environmental enquiries:
Contact: John Harvey